Sat, Sep 17|
CLIMATE ACTION NOW
Hawaii Environmental Change Agents (HECA) is sponsoring a free online public event, entitled, “Climate Action Now.” This event will explore public policy choices to transition us more quickly toward a clean, renewable energy future and a sustainable environment.
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2022, 10:00 AM – Sep 18, 2022, 11:30 AM
About the event
The panelists bring a broad range of perspectives on the various dimensions of climate change:
- Dyson Chee, Executive Director, Hawaii Youth Climate Coalition
- Dr. Makena Coffman, UH professor with expertise in energy and climate policy.
- Representative Nicole Lowen, Chair, House Committee on Energy and Environmental Protection
- Dr. Debbie Millikan, Director of Sustainability at Punahou School
- Beth Tokioka, Communications Manager, Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
“Climate change is such a daunting issue because fossil fuels are enmeshed in our economy, and all of us rely on it in our daily lives. Doing enough to control climate change will require coordinated action on different fronts by many different interests. This event brings together a number of those interests,” said Matt Geyer, one of the organizers of the event.
Noel Morin, another organizer, said, “Many people are already making lifestyle changes to reduce their carbon footprint. This event will show how they can get involved to make the public policy changes needed to maintain a healthy, livable planet. What we do now -- or fail to do -- will impact future generations.”